2020 Airfield Drags in Three Rivers, MI
The 2020 Airfield Drags was established to celebrate vintage automobiles and racing. This nostalgic event is to resemble the “good old days” of the 1950s, 60s, and 70s and the birth of the “muscle car” which has remained an American icon. Additionally, this event was created to celebrate the history of the City of Three Rivers, Dr. Haines Airport, vintage aircraft, and other vintage traditions.
Basic Race Vehicle Entry Information:
- Vehicle entries limited to 75 cars/trucks.
- Entry fee is $50 per vehicle.
- Cars must be 1972 or older.
- Cars must be legitimate “street cars” possessing a full exhaust with mufflers and street tires (drag radials permitted). NO “RACE CARS” will be allowed. PERIOD.
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Upon paid admission, each driver will receive a “tech card” which needs to be completed and taken to the “tech area” for inspection of the vehicle.
All entries are required to pass the tech inspection and will then be provided an entry number displayed on the rear windshield. Tech inspectors have the full right to refuse participation to an entry due to any safety concerns.
- Seat Belts.
- Working headlights and taillights.
- Safe, DOT-Approved tires.
- Secured Battery.
- Drivers must be wearing long pants (no nylon), sleeved shirt, closed-toe shoes and socks when making your run.
- Helmets required for all drivers and must be DOT approved.
- All engines must be naturally aspirated. No use of “power adders” (superchargers, turbo chargers, nitrous oxide will be permitted). Vehicles with nitrous hookup must have nitrous bottle completed removed from the vehicle prior to race.
- Hoods are required on all vehicles.
- Any vehicles with convertible tops must have a roll bar.
- Convertible tops and windows must be closed during competition.
- Vehicles with removable doors (e.g. jeeps) must have doors securely installed to race.
- Use of transmission brakes or line locks is not permitted.
- A mandatory driver’s meeting will take place at the starting line 30 minutes prior to the start of the race.
- Cars will enter into the staging lanes in a single-file line.
- Two cars race side by side for 1/8th mile.
- Starting and finish lines will be marked with orange cones on each side of the race track.
- No burnout will be permitted.
- Flag starts.
- Flag finishes to designate winners.
- No electronic timers or radar to capture elapsed time or miles per hour.
- Cars will exit at the end of the “track” and may return to the “pit area” or staging lanes for another run.
- Unlimited runs allowed.
- Absolutely no alcohol is permitted on the grounds of Dr. Haines Airport.